We are delighted to have launched a commercial food scraps collection program in Santa Fe, using the Aerated Static Pile system to create a premium soil amendment efficiently and effectively. Commercial composting’s impact on our community’s quality of life is immense: thousands of cubic yards of food scraps are being diverted from the landfill where they would create toxic methane. Instead, we are using the organic material to create a rich, fertile soil amendment that retains moisture and nurtures our farms and gardens. Beyond that, composting sets up the carbon sequestration cycle which actually REVERSES CLIMATE CHANGE BY REMOVING CARBON FROM THE ATMOSPHERE. Visit our Compost page if you’d like to know exactly how.
We divert over 1.4 million pounds ANNUALLY of food scraps thanks to these pioneering establishments:
- Blue Corn Café and Brewery (Southside)
- Iconik Coffee
- Second Street Brewery
- Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen
- Ohori’s Coffee
- Whole Foods
- La Choza
- Restaurant Martin
- The Cowgirl
- Radish and Rye
- The Shed
- Del Charro
- Casa Chimayo
- Fire and Hops Gastropub
- 35 Degrees North Coffee
- visit our Partners page for live links!
Are you part of a local business that would like to participate?
- Our goal is to make food scraps/organics separation AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE for our restaurant clients, and to make a seamless transition from trash to treasure!
- We provide bins, bags, labels and 64-gallon wheeled carts for collection 1, 2 or 3 times per week.
- Fees for services are comparable to the City fees for cart services, and we will do a trash audit for you–your monthly fee should be the same or lower by adding compost to your routine…not to mention the great publicity as a pioneer on this important eco project!
- If your restaurant or institution is interested in participating, please contact us for program details and to schedule an appointment to discuss your particular logistics.
- Call 505-393-1196 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm to become one of Partners.
Thanks to all the staff and students at Salazar, Gonzalez,
Aspen, Nina Otero, Pinon, Nava, Ramirez Thomas,
Acequia Madre, Kearny, Wood Gormley,
El Camino Real and Sweeney Elementary Schools!!
Did you know that composting not only keeps your food scraps out of the landfill, reduces methane emissions and makes your farm or garden healthier, it ACTUALLY REVERSES THE EFFECTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE THROUGH CARBON SEQUESTRATION.
How? Click here to read how from an excerpt from Soil Story from our Compost page.